Monday, September 06, 2010

Strength in Solitude


I painted this picture a few months ago but you all know how we get with our work...I was never really happy with it...so I hid it away from my vision...in the hope that it would look better tomorrow...

I'm not sure it ever will look better to me...
I don't think that I will ever be happy with a painting...

We all go through this...I know that my fellow PAN members feel this way at times...
But I thought that I would show it on the blog anyway...as a kind of cathartic exercise...
I need to let go of my negative feelings towards my art...
I need to just create and not be so sorry that I am not, and never will be, an "Old Master"...

Sometimes we forget this...we put undue pressure on ourselves to be something we are not...not just in our art but in our lives also...

The painting is called "Strength in Solitude"...it is painted with acrylics on 18 x14" canvas...just in case you were wondering :0)

There now...I'm feeling my burden lighten a little already...

4 comments:

  1. Whaaah? You hid this from us? It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. George...you know that we are never satisfied with our work...whatever we do...
    Thank you for your comment...it means a lot to this artist with little confidence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too, soft and warm but full of strength. Why don't you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell...I think it's just that it didn't turn out how I had seen it in my head...and I'm way too critical of my own stuff...I guess I'm trying too hard :0(
    Thank you for your comment...I like the idea of the soft warmth combined with the strength...it fits it really well :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting PAN and for leaving a comment!