Sunday, June 06, 2010

Hello all! I'm new here so I thought I'd write one of those boring 'introducing myself' posts. So, here's the low-down:

My name is Gemma - its lovely to meet you all. I'm 28 years old and I live in Sweden. I'm a Wiccan and have been for nearly a decade. I'm also a Pagan and I've been one now for over two decades. Most of my painting is informed by my love of Paganism and Nature and I work in Watercolours and Acrylics - although I'm thinking of giving Oils a go to enable me to blend better.

At the moment I'm working on a series of paintings inspired by the Western Zodiac. I'm only in the sketching stage at the moment and I'm going to do several proofs of concept before I put brush to canvas. Hopefully they'll turn out ok. It should take me about 3 months to get them done... or so I tell myself!

BB, Hugs, Health and Happiness,
Gemma

8 comments:

  1. Gemma...I've only just added you as an author...how did you post this so quickly?!
    Thank you for introducing yourself too...it lets folks get to know you...and understand where your art comes from.
    I love your Goddess painting...I'm glad you posted her here :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice debut Gemma! I'm interested in what you mean by 'blend over'...
    It sounds like you are more dedicated to preparation than me, I'm a bit dive in first and correct on the hoof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, what a pleasant and informative surprise. Yeah for you posting already. It is a lovely way of letting not only the members of PAN but also our bloggie buddies get to know you. Cheers.
    The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the painting. look forward to your work on the Western zodiac... I always love to see the different interpertations. Each seems to have their own flare and movitvation... welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painting is so cheerful and beautiful! Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work and getting to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you too :) love you painting and look forward to seeing more x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All!
    Thanks for such a warm welcome! I'm honoured to be here. I'll post my sketches as I go along to share my creative process - or lack thereof!

    George: I'm trying to get my colours to blend more in tone from one into another to help give my paintings an ethereal feel. I've always been able to do this better with watercolours than with acrylics. Acrylics seem to dry too quickly for me, even with a retarding medium added.

    Lets get a'drawing! :)
    BB, Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Gemma.....This has a wonderful warm happy feel and love the colours you have used too.
    I sketch or as like to call it, doodle till something appears :O)
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting PAN and for leaving a comment!