Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Attack Of The Field Mice



I was having a clear up of some old work the other day...(we have a nest of field mice moved in and they are eating my work again)...and saw some of my earlier stuff...and as with all of us it seems I had managed yet again to ignore my UFO's (Un-finished Objects).
Oh yes...they call to me...but I just stroll past without a care in the world...
See how easy it is to neglect art?
It may feed our souls...and nourish our hearts...
But we sure can starve it when we want to!

So...being fully aware of my neglect...
I saw some life studies done with charcoal (which I love using...very messy)...and thought that they would make lovely faeries...their poses seem to suit the subject.
The sketches are on A3 paper and my scanner chopped bits of them off...but you can still see the main parts of them...

So...now comes the hard bit...
I have the idea for the pose...
I have the model...
I have the materials (clay or paper...or both)
So what's keeping me from doing the thing that most fires my spirit?

I'll tell you now truthfully...
I have made a career out of "Putting Off"...
I am now a Professional Putter Offer...

But...as you are all my witnesses in this horrible life of crime which I have led myself into...
I am coming clean and purging myself ready for this new life of diligence...
I am really going to try to get my finger out of the dyke and FINISH some of these tasks I have set myself...
I know we are pretty much the same...we all do this...it seems to be an Art thing...
So...you will understand if I falter...
And I give you all permission to kick, prod, poke, or whatever it takes to get me to keep my finger out...
Although...
The sun is very sunny...
And the wood is very inviting today...
Mmm...maybe tomorrow would be a good time to start...;0)


In case anyone was concerned for the field mice...we use humane traps and set them free down the bottom fields...away from the house...they still manage to find a way back though...





4 comments:

  1. Hey there, I am so glad to know the you are a card carrying member of PPO. I always say I am a driven artist. I drive around the block so much of the time I forget where I wanted to park. My family calls my "to do pile" the Oma Linda family trust. They trust it will be there long after I'm gone. But when I deliver, I deliver....whenever that is. LOL
    I love that PAN has a blog to let people know we are real.....crazy nice...fun and accepting... and accessable. XXOO )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the.............. put off the do da thingy ma whatever i was doing and now found something else to play with.......Yep fellow putter offer here with a to do list that will out live me also.......Its fun exploring though, even if we end up on the wrong train.......waffling again:O)
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely figure drawing! This is an area I need to get improving on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mice know where they feel best ;)I love the Fae of Midsummer:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting PAN and for leaving a comment!