Friday, April 09, 2010

Magick with your paint brushes...



Lets not forget we are Pagans and Witches as well as Artist's, why shouldn't we think (know) there's a force in the energy we can build up as we work to direct or have no control over?
As with any self respecting Sea Witch weather working is a forte, and I've certainly had it spill onto the canvas.
During the summer I was working on my painting 'Thunderbird Invoked' we had the wettest August on record, that was in 2004.
I did a small painting called Flooded Field to 'celebrate' it.
Some years later I was painting a work called Hurricane at Sea I painted a lightning strike with intent in mind...and the next day as I worked out on the streets in my day job...unseasonal Lightning, as Witches we don't put things down to coincidence.
That my Father could end droughts by washing his car is his own magick.

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right. There is so much energy created (as well as spent) in the process of creating.

    The weather manifestations of your energies is fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey...I go off for a snack...and when I come back...it's...well...MAGICK!
    Where did all this come from?
    I forgot to be a follower...so I didn't get any messages...duh!
    Seawitch...I had an idea that you would be first to put a picture up...thank you my pagan one...
    And such a gorgeous picture it is...reminds me of the "Old Days"...of my youth...ah...

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you in regards to the energy one creates sometime without even knowing. Coincidence... don't think so... Love the picture you choose... one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting PAN and for leaving a comment!